I received my Stampin’ Up! shipment a couple of days ago and absolutely LOVE, LOVE (think hearts floating all around me) my new stamps and accessories!! It’s amazing how excited I get each time I get new ‘toys’ to play with – same excitement since the first time I received my starter kit! I started playing with some of my new stamps and will have something to post soon.
January is a time of new beginnings and a great time to organize. Call me crazy, but I like to organize – have a place for everything. For the past 4 years since I took over my son’s room (doesn’t everyone when your son or daughter moves out?) and made it my studio, I am always looking for ways to organize it in a way that it’s efficient and works best for me. My studio is long, but there’s not much height to it because the ceiling is sloped on both sides. I can’t go upwards, therefore, I need to be creative with my counter space, which has run out, soooo…. it’s time to do a little reorganizing. Speaking of organizing . . .
What do you do when you get new stamps? Do you put the label on the back of your stamp or leave it off? Do you have a procedure you follow or do you peel them right off the mat and start playing with them? Here’s what I do when I get new stamps:
- I remove the insert that’s in front of the stamp case and make a copy of it which goes directly into my stamp binder (I’ll show you this in another post coming soon!)
- Because I store my clear & photopolymer stamps in a DVD vertical rack in alphabetical order (got it at Target), I move the existing stamps up or down to make room for my new ones. I started out with 1 rack and now have 5! Who was I kidding buying just one rack?! I keep my alphabets and sentiments in a separate rack from the images also in alphabetical order.
- If it’s a clear stamp, I peel the white backing and put it back in the case with the rubber (don’t throw out your rubber – this helps keep your stamps organized and you can see if any and which ones are missing after you use them). I don’t always put the labels on the back of my stamps as I find they stick better without them.
- For my wood stamps, I put the label right on the block after making a copy for my binder. Alongside my cardstock, I keep my wood stamps on 3 shelves in a bookcase – one for retired stamps that I can’t part with; 1 for sentiments (retired and active) and 1 with images.
- Now my stamps are ready to go whenever I need them and I can easily find them.
How do you keep your stamp collection organized? I would love to know. Leave me a comment below in the gray box and let me know.
Thanks for stopping by . . . till next time . . .have a fantastic and blessed day . . .Brunie
CLICK HERE TO SEE OCCASIONS CATALOG AND SALE-A-BRATION CATALOG. Every $50 spent in Stampin’ Up! products gives you a FREE item from the Sale-A-Bration catalog. Some great stuff there! To place an order, click here to shop at my online store. Please use hostess code A6RHPFQY if your order is below $150.