Today’s card is for a friend who recently had surgery. I’ve been carrying around this card all week and haven’t mailed it yet. Is it just me or does this happen to you? You make a card with enough time to reach the person for the occasion and then it’s late because you forgot to mail it – ugh! I created this card using sketch MOJO445 from Mojo Monday. The sketch called for a circle or square card. I chose to make a 4-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ square card which fits perfectly in a regular size envelope and without the extra postage of a bigger square card.
I used the Sassy Salutations stamp set for the sentiment and the hostess set Floral Wings for the vase and flowers. These two sets will be retiring soon.
Here’s what I did on the card:
- Aqua Painters for the watercolor look in the background
- Embossed Daffodil Delight cardstock with Woodgrain Embossing Folder
- Stamped and cut two vases and popped one with Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Wrapped linen thread around vase and tied knot then added Rhinestone
- Used Wink of Stella on flowers and sentiment circle
Do you see the shine on the flowers and sentiment? I’ve noticed that the Wink of Stella doesn’t show up well in pictures, but trust me when you see it in person, you can see the nice glittery shine (without the mess). You need to try it if you haven’t already.
Thanks for stopping by . . . till next time . . . Brunie
Click here to shop for supplies for this card or other supplies. Please use host code T3KM2CQB. Place an order with me and you will receive a special thank you card from me.